Armory introduces its CD Self-Hosted and Managed 2.28 product release that supports Armory’s commitment to empower development teams to deploy software at any scale.
Armory’s CD Self-Hosted and Managed 2.28 product release includes new features, optimizations and contributions from the Spinnaker community to ensure development teams can deploy code with even more confidence than ever before.
This release embodies Armory’s commitment to delivering Spinnaker and addressing the complex use cases encountered by development teams. This includes functional testing of all community code commitments, plugins, and CVE remediation. This resulted in a Long Term Support (LTS) release that ensures platform teams can provide developers with a stable platform that delivers high-speed deployments. CD Self-Hosted addresses the two most common pain points businesses encounter: growth and scale.
“Armory has invested heavily in our test automation infrastructure to ensure the reliability and performance of the platform provides the stability that elite development teams need,” said Jim Douglas, president and CEO of Armory. “This latest 2.28 release empowers development teams to achieve continuous deployment at scale while delivering the best user experience.”
Release 2.28 includes new features created to address common customer pain points within Terraform output and parallel pipelines. Specific features include:
- Terraformer show stage – Enables the pipeline to enforce infrastructure policies and test for quality on every infrastructure change, reducing operational risk and increasing stability.
- External backend support for Terraform Enterprise and Terraform Cloud – Help users access assistance within the platform.
- Max. concurrent pipeline runs – Customers can determine the number of maximum parallel pipeline runs, accelerate deployment frequency and speed, and accelerate time-to-market with exciting new features and products.
“Elite developer teams know and appreciate the power of Spinnaker when it comes to continuously deploying their software,” said Adam Frank, VP of Product at Armory. “The Spinnaker community is part of Armory’s DNA, and it shows in the way we built CD Self-Hosted and Managed. We have taken the best of Spinnaker and combined it with our world-class continuous implementation approach to provide developers with a complete and reliable end-to-end solution from the moment they enter code.”
This release comes on the heels of yet another milestone for Armory in its mission to make software deployment reliable, scalable and secure; and ultimately developers help Commit, Deploy, Repeat: the launch of Continuous Deployment-as-a-Service, which delivers declarative deployments across multiple environments that support advanced progressive strategies, allowing developers to focus on building great code instead of this one to implement.
To accommodate the release of Armory Continuous Deployment-as-a-Service in Armory’s growing continuous deployment solutions, Armory Enterprise’s self-hosted and managed offering has been renamed:
- Armory Enterprise becomes Armory self-hosted continuous deployment
- Armory Enterprise Managed becomes Armory Continuous Deployment Managed
- Armory Agent for Kubernetes becomes Armory Scale Agent for Spinnaker & Kubernetes